"Mignonne" is Taeko Onuki's 3rd album released in 1978. It was the follow-up to her masterpiece "Sun Shower"(1977).
The album was recorded with her longtime collaborators from Tin Pan Alley, arranged by Ryuichi Sakamoto and Juzo Seo, and featuring musicians such as Haruomi Hosono, Shigeru Suzuki, and Yukihiro Takahashi.
Simliar to the sounds of her previous albums, it features rich horns and strings arranged on top of Tin Pan Alley's soulful rhythmic sections. The tracks have seen a resurgence of late, some of which have been covered by contemporary Japanese artists ( "Yoko Gao", "Umi to Shonen" by Akiko Yano, "Totsuzen no Okurimono" by Mariya Takeuchi).
- Japanese import
- 1st analogue re-issue since original release
- Arranged by Ryuichi Sakamoto (YMO) and Juzo Seo
- Features Haruomi Hosono (YMO), Shigeru Suzuki, and Yukihiro Takahashi (YMO)
- Remastered by Bernie Grundman from original master tape to 96KHz/24bit digital high resolution master
- Comes with a lyrics/credits insert and a liner notes insert
- Single Jacket with Obi Strip
- Pressed at Quality Record Pressing (US).
- Limited Pressing