"Monochrome" is Minako Yoshida's 7th and first self-produced album.
Unlike her previous two albums, which she recorded in Los Angeles for a brighter, more pop-influenced sound, "Monochrome" is a return to a more introspective and R&B sound.
The album was recorded by Yoshida singing vocals over her piano playing and fusing it with other instrumentation on top, using few other musicians. The minimal approach resulted in an intimate and soulful style. All songs are written by her, except for "Rainy Day", penned by Tatsuro Yamashita, which was re-recorded for his solo album "Ride On Time". Yasuaki Shimizu (Kakashi) is guest featured on saxophone.
- Japanese import.
- 1st analogue re-issue since original release
- Strings and Horns are arranged by Tatsuro Yamashita and Yasuaki Shimizu (Kakashi).
- Remastered by original sound engineer Tamotsu Yoshida from original master
- Cutting Engineer by Bernie Grundman
- Pressed at Quality Record Pressing (US).
- Limited Pressing