"Light'n Up" is Minako Yoshida's 9th studio album released in 1982. Yoshida recorded the basic tracks in Tokyo with her regular band and the addition of Hiroshi Sato on keyboard. A section of the album was also recorded in New York with the Brecker Brothers and David Sanborn.
The album is hailed as a "light mellow" classic of city pop, a style defined by a fusion of medium tempo urban Japanese soul and R&B. Light mellow was re-vitalized by club DJs in the late 90's and has recently seen its return to the spotlight.
- Japanese import
- 1st analogue re-issue since original release
- Hailed as a "light mellow" classic of city pop
- Comes with a lyrics/credits insert and a liner notes insert
- Single Jacket with Obi Strip
- Remastered by original sound engineer Tamotsu Yoshida from original master
- Cutting Engineer by Bernie Grundman
- Pressed at Quality Record Pressing (US).
- Limited Pressing