Recorded in Hollywood, Minako Yoshida's 6th album "Let's Do It" was her first time recording outside of Japan. The album was produced by Gene & Billy Page of Motown fame, with backup by Motown musicians like David T. Walker, Wah Wah Watson and Greg Phillinganes.
Yoshida later said in an interview, that she didn't want a "Hollywood sound", so she first created demo tracks with Ryuichi Sakamoto and her musicians at a studio in Tokyo, before heading into production in Hollywood.
"Let's Do It" is a great mix of Yoshida's Japanese songwriting sensibility fused with urban soul and disco beats.
All songs are written by Yoshida, except for three songs co-written with Tatsuro Yamashita, who later re-recorded "Cloud" and "Time" for his own albums.
- Japanese import
- 1st analogue re-issue since original release
- Produced by Gene & Billy Page of Motown fame
- Select songs co-written with Tatsuro Yamashita
- Comes with a lyrics/credits insert and a liner notes insert
- Single Jacket with Obi Strip
- Remastered by original sound engineer Tamotsu Yoshida from original master
- Cutting Engineer by Bernie Grundman
- Pressed at Quality Record Pressing (US).
- Limited Pressing